July 16, 2011

Baby Gift

Our choir director at our church and his wife are expecting their first child next month.  My husband is very active in the choir.  He sings and plays the trumpet.  I'm just the groupy and the sound check person.  I finally finished the baby blanket just in time to give it to them tomorrow.  I just got Papertrey Ink's Onsie Die Cut, so I thought I'd try making one.  I'm really happy how they both turned out.  The blanket is really soft and I love the pattern.  The card was a little challenge.  Not making the actual card but picking out a generic color.  They don't know if it's a boy or a girl.  They decided to wait until the baby arrives.  How exciting!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  It's really hot here, so I'll be spending a lot of time in our basement in the next week.  If you haven't heard me say it before, I HATE the heat!!!   :)   Thanks for stopping by!!


Inside the card is the sentiment "A baby is a kiss from Heaven".  How true.  Here's the baby blanket. It photographed a little yellow, but it is white.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh Barb, the card is adorable but the blanket is GORGEOUS! Such detail. I'm sure it will be amongst their most treasured gifts.