May 3, 2011

Pinwheel

So am I the last card maker on the planet to do a pinwheel??  And to find out they are so easy!! OWH (Operation Write Home) had a tutorial a while back and I've been wanting to give it a try. Here are the details in case I'm not alone.  Cut 2 squares 2 5/8 inches. Place these two squares at right angles and adhere together. This becomes your base for your pinwheel.


Cut eight squares (4 each of contrasting colors) at 1 1/4 inches. I wanted to add some texture to my small squares, so I embossed four of them with Swiss Dots.  Layer the squares alternating colors and adhere.


Here is the finished project.  You could do so much with these. You could add a bird, different flowers, the possibilities are endless.  I think this would be great for fall with a pumpkin and just think of the things you could add for Christmas!  I will definitely be using this technique again!  Thanks for stopping by!


Details:
Card Size - A2
Paper - Patterned by Imaginisce and plain paper from Coredinations
Embossing - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Stamp - White squares were stamped with PTI's Bitty Background Blocks in ColorBox Scarlet Ink
Sentiment - A "thank you" stamp set from Joanns
Nesties - Double Ended Tags
Flower - Tim Holtz Tattered Florals

1 comment:

Kelly said...

No...you are probably the 2nd to last to do a pinwheel...lol! I haven't done one either. This is GORGEOUS! I love the color combo. Everything goes together so well!